ABOUT THE CLUB
The Public Schools Club is an esteemed private members' club on East Terrace in Adelaide. Established in 1959, the Public Schools’ Club was founded by the old scholars associations of the several Adelaide schools which were members of the the Headmasters' Conference. The Chairmen of each of the Founding Schools' old scholars associations' were of general agreement that their members had grown far too insular in their professional and social lives and that a Club for graduates to socialise and coalesce should be established.
The aim of the club was to foster a greater spirit of collegiality amongst the educated young men of Adelaide throughout their university studies and into their professional lives. The Club was founded upon similar objects to those of the Founding Schools, and to also promote the recreation, accommodation and comfort of members, by providing congenial premisses and surroundings in which members may meet or entertain guests. The Club also endeavoured to foster and encourage the sporting bodies associated with the Founding Schools and to aid and promote the interests of the Founding Schools by establishing scholarships, granting prizes and awards.
Today the Public Schools Club continues in the spirit of innovation coherent with tradition; excellence without elitism; and progress enriched by conviviality. The Club has, since 1974 when founding school Kings College amalgamated with Girton Girls School to form Pembroke, been open to both male and female members and today is open to graduates of any school. The Club also maintains its support of education and scholarly pursuit through the Public Schools Club Scholarship Trust which provides scholarship, bursaries and prizes to students on the basis of academic merit.
Restaurant - Accommodation - Function
Phone: 08 8223 3213
All other enquires - Club Secretary
Phone: 0475 188 856
Fax: 08 8223 4108
Monday to Saturday
7.30am to 1.30pm
Coffee and Light Snacks
Lunch 11am - 2pm
Dinner 6pm - 9pm
Lunch & Dinner
©2019 by The Public Schools Club Inc.